When it becomes very difficult for the ipad user to update/ recover then the recovery mode of ipad aids in restoration or any update using computer.
To put the ipad in recovery mode follow the easy steps below:
Recovery mode for iPad pro with face-id (2018 & 2020 edition)
As the ipad pro 2018 bears no home button, follow the steps below for the recovery mode.
- Hold on the wake/sleep & volume-up/volume-down button together until power off slide appears on the screen. Slide it to get your ipad pro turn-off.
- Hold on your wake/sleep button while connecting it to your PC. To do until you see recovery-mode on your display.
Recovery mode for iPad, iPad air, iPad mini & earlier iPad pro (2017 & before 2017)
As the ipad, ipad air, ipad mini & earlier ipad pro bears home button, follow the steps below for the recovery mode.
- Power off your iPad by holding on the power-button till you see the slider of power off appears on your screen. Slide it off.
- Press&hold the home-button while making connection to your PC using usb. Make sure that itunes is running on your PC already.
- Hold this until you see the message of recovery mode in ipad is detected.
***Macos Mojave 10.14 & earlier, all windows pcs uses itunes. Macos catalina 10.15 or later uses mac finder instead of itunes.***