SoundCloud is a popular audio-based distribution platform with independent musicians and content creators who on average upload twelve hours’ worth of audio every minute for nearly 200 million unique monthly listeners on the service. In this article, we will cover how to delete SoundCloud account. If you are no longer want to use it and you don’t how you can get rid of the SoundCloud account you can follow the steps in this article and learn how you can close your SoundCloud account freely.
Before going ahead you should know that you cannot delete your Soundcloud account through SoundCloud’s mobile app. To do so, you will need to use the web interface to access that option. You should remove connected apps prior to removing a SoundCloud account by tapping the Revoke access button next to connected apps under the Connected Applications heading in the Connections section.
1. Go to SoundCloud.com on your computer and log in to your account using your account username and password, if you are not already logged in.
2. Once you logged in, tap on the three dots appearing in the upper-right corner and select Settings from the drop-down menu.
3. Doing so will redirect you to the Setting page. Under the Account heading, tap the Delete Account link at the bottom.
4. You will be asked to give the reason for deleting your account. You can choose the answer from the drop-down. Confirm account deletion by tapping the box next to “Yes. I want to delete my account and all my tracks, comments, and stats” and hit the orange Delete my account button at the bottom.
Note: Delete accounts go into a queue and get removed from the servers in due time.
How to Delete My Songs on SoundCloud on Android
You can delete songs or music on SoundCloud on Android or the web as well and both have the same procedure except the interface. However, we will guide you on how to delete songs on SoundCloud on Android and the web.
1. Open SoundCloud.com on your web browser and log in to your account with your username and password. Navigate to the audio file to delete from SoundCloud.
2. Scroll down and hover your cursor over the bottom of the waveform of the audio file to display the file options. A set of button appear under the waveform, including “Like,” “Add to Set,” “Add to Group,” “Share,” the Download icon, the Edit icon, and the Trash Can icon.
3. Now hit the Trash icon, doing so will open a confirmation dialog box that appears on the screen. Tap the Yes option to confirm that you really want to delete your playlist.
Open the SoundCloud app on your phone and make sure you are already logged in to your account. Now go to the Playlist page on the SoundCloud app, and tap the three horizontal dots appearing to the right of the track.
Tapping on the three dots will open the options menu; select the ‘Remove from Playlist’ at the bottom of the menu. Now a confirmation box will appear, tap the Yes to confirm that you want to delete your track. That’s it.
Frequently Asked Question
How to Delete SoundCloud Account without Password
As we did above, you can your SoundCloud account without a password, but only if you are already logged in to your account. But what if you are not already logged in to your account, don’t worry, you can reset your password by tapping on the “Forgot Password” option below the login button. Enter the username which can be your email id. And you will get an email link on the email id associated with your account to reset your password.
How to Create SoundCloud Artist Account
If you want to create your SoundCloud artist account, take a look at the short step below.
- Use an active email address to create an account.
- Use the name of your podcast for your profile Display Name.
- Check your inbox for a confirmation email to activate your account.
How to Recover Deleted SoundCloud Account
You cannot recover deleted SoundCloud account if it more two or more day. But if you recently deleted your account, you can recover your account. However, recovering account isn’t so easy as you delete it.
You will need to email SoundCloud team from the email id associated with your account using the contact button on the official page of SoundCloud and they will get back to your with information if it possible to recover your account.
Deleted My Account
If you think that your account was deleted by someone else or by the SoundCloud, you can email SoundCloud Support team through the contact button below this article http://t.ly/9I9y from the email address associated with your account. Once the account is restored, please immediately take the following steps to secure your account: