Stories and books are always our best friends. Reading books is comes with technology such as Amazon presents the Kindle Books app for the ones who love to read. Downloading Kindle books on either your app or the device allows you to read books on the go. You can spend a lot of time with books and it also helps you to keep stress free your mind. You can download multiple Kindle books on your device and once you’ve finished reading a book on your Kindle, you can easily delete it in just a few steps. Because keeping the books on your device will lead your library to quickly fill up if you use it frequently, and it’s best to clear out old titles to make room for new reads.
In this article, we will teach you “how to delete books from Kindle” once they are no longer useful to you. No matter why you want to delete books from your Kindle, there are a few different ways to do it. Let’s see!
How to Delete Books from Kindle
1. Turn your Kindle on. Once you’re on your Home Screen navigate through your library until you get the desired book you want to delete.
2. Once you’ve selected the book it will give you a list of options-select “Remove from Device.” The book will go into your Archive. Files in your Archive are not fully stored on your device but are there to maintain the record of your purchase.
3. In case you want to permanently delete book from Kindle, you need to sign in to the Amazon account. Let’s see how?
4. Sign in to the Amazon account you have linked with your Kindle and go to “Manage Your Content and Device.” You should be looking at a list of your purchases. Next, find the book you wish to delete and click the “…” button on the left side of the title.
5. Now from the drop-down menu, choose “delete.” You’ll be prompted to confirm whether or not you want to delete the file. Click the yellow “Yes-Delete permanently” button to remove the file from your library.
How to Delete Books from Kindle on Mobile
Deleting books from Kindle isn’t so much difficult, in fact, it’s easy and the same as delete books from Kindle on Mac or Windows. Open the Kindle app on your iPhone, iPad, or Android device. Open your Home tab to view your recent books, or open your Library tab at the bottom of your screen to see all of your books.
Next, find the book you wish to delete from Kindle and once you’ve select the book, press down on it. Once you click on it, choose “Remove from Device” from the pop-up menu.
How to Archive Books on Kindle
Turn on your Kindle and go to the home screen by tapping the home icon. Use the 5-way controller to navigate through your library. Once you find the title you want to remove from your Kindle device, ensure it has been selected by seeing it is underlined. The underlined will be a thick, black line.
Press the right direction on your 5-way controller. Pressing this button will display an action list. At the bottom of the action list, there will an option that says “Remove from Device.” With the controller, move down to this option. If you are sure you wish to archive your book, press the center button to choose “Remove from Device.”
There you have it! There are majorly two ways to delete books from Kindle. You can do it right on your device by going to the book you no longer want and selecting “remove from device” or you can permanently delete the book through your Kindle account on the computer.