Zoom is a popular video conferencing or Meeting apps around, with strong video technology and convenient features. It’s widely used in offices, schools, colleges, and more places, especially in the covid-19 pandemic time. However, things can change, and if people are looking for the Zoom alternative. Those looking to leave the platform might be wondering how to delete a Zoom account, and today we’re here to show you how it’s done.
How to Delete Zoom Account
Before going ahead, you should know that you can only delete your Zoom account through the online setting, which means change can only be made online on your Desktop, and it cannot be made from either the desktop or mobile app. Additionally, the changes you made will be permanent and cannot be undone.
1. Visit the Zoom website on your preferred browser on a Mac or PC, whichever you use. Tap “My Account” in the upper right-hand corner.
2. Tap on the left-hand side panel, tap on “Account Management” under the Admin category. Tap “Account Profile” and then “Terminate my account.”
3. Doing so will open a pop-up menu that confirms you to terminate your account. If you are sure, tap “Yes” and complete the process. Once you do this. You’ll be logged out and brought to the Zoom homepage. On the homepage, you’ll see a pop-up that labeled Terminate account success.” You will be unable to restore your account but can create a new profile if you’d like.
How to Cancel Zoom Subscription
You always bear in mind that deleting a zoom account will never delete your Zoom subscription, so you should cancel your subscription individually and then delete your account. However, there can different ways to cancel a subscription. You can cancel subscription through the Zoom app if you purchased the subscription from there as well, otherwise from Google, the iPhone app, and through other ways.
Read and learn how to cancel Zoom subscription.
1. Launch the Zoom on your PC. Open the Zoom, and click on your profile in the top-right corner. If you do not have a profile picture set up, then it will just be a colored square with your initials in it. Clicking on the profile icon will produce a drop-down menu with a variety of options.
Click on the one labeled “Settings.” Doing so will open the Zoom settings window. From the options on the left side of the window, click on Profile.
2. Next, click on the button labeled ‘Change my subscription.” Doing so will open a new window. Here, you’ll be prompted to enter your Zoom username and password.
Upon logging in, you should be automatically brought to the Billing section of your Zoom profile. On this page, you will see the Zoom plans you are currently subscribed to. Each plan will display information, such as the billing period, next invoice date, invoice amount, and the status of the plan.
Now, on the right, you can see the link that says “Cancel Subscription.” Go ahead and click on that link. Doing so will launch a pop-up box that provides the ability to reconsider. If you’re sure you want to cancel your Zoom subscription, click on the button labeled “Cancel Subscription.”
How to Open a Zoom Account
If you want to create a Zoom account, visit zoo.us/signup and enter your email address. You will receive an email from Zoom (email@example.com). In this email, click Activate Zoom Account.
How to delete zoom account permanently in phone
Zoom doesn’t allow its users to remove zoom account permanently on the phone. If you want to remove account, you’ll need to visit the zoom official website and through the website, you can delete your zoom account as we did above.
Why can’t i delete my zoom account?
If you are not able to remove your zoom account, make sure you are a basic (free) Zoom user, only then you can delete your Zoom account. In case, you are Paid Zoom users (Licensed), you will need to cancel their subscription before they can terminate their account.