WhatsApp deletes the difference between our Families, Friends, Relatives, and many more. WhatsApp helps us to stay close with those persons who want to be with us but cannot. However, coming from WhatsApp, the WhatsApp groups also play an important role to stay connected and give a feeling like family or friends get together. WhatsApp group makes it easy to share thoughts, exchange group messages, swap photos, lock in plans, and communicate important information regarding your workplace, school, or community.
But things always happen as we think, it’s not necessary. Sometimes the time may come when the WhatsApp group should go away. If you are also one of those who want to delete their WhatsApp group, then you come to the right place.
In this article, we will explain how to delete the WhatsApp group. Make sure that deleting a WhatsApp group is a multi-step process, but unless it’s a massive group, it’s not that complicated or time-consuming.
How to Delete WhatsApp Group
1. Open WhatsApp on your iPhone or Android device and click “Chats,” then tap on the group that you want to delete. Now, open the group chats and tap the word “Group” at the top of the screen. Scroll down and click on a name in the group, then click “Remove from Group” then “Remove” to remove the member. Repeat the same removal process until all the group members removed.
2. Once you removed all the members from Group, choose “Exit Group” yourself.
3. You will now see the option labeled “Delete Group.” Hit it, then confirm it. Your WhatsApp group has been deleted now.
How to Delete WhatsApp Group without Removing Members
You can delete your WhatsApp group without removing members of the group. But make sure you have to leave or exit the group to delete the group. Once you exit the group you can delete your WhatsApp group. Let’s understand the complete step below.
1. Open the WhatsApp group that you wish to delete on your iPhone or Android device. Now tap the top bar that shows group info.
2. On the next screen, scroll down and you will see the “Exit group” option. Click on “Exit group.” A pop-up will appear asking you to confirm your decision, hit Exit.
The procedure does not end here. You have to exit the group, you can see that group is still visible on your device. It’s because the group hasn’t been actually deleted from your device, you are just not a member of the group. Exiting a group will only is like you won’t receive any message, calls, or any activity which is going in the group.
3. To delete the group permanently, on the same screen; you will see that the Exit button is not replaced by the Delete group button. Click on it to delete the group from your phone. A pop-up message will appear, hit Delete.
How to Delete WhatsApp Group Chat for Everyone
Bear in mind that you can delete messages just for yourself or request that messages be deleted for everyone. If you want to delete messages for everyone; make sure you can delete messages for everyone within the limited time period, such as you only have about an hour after you’ve sent a message to request to Delete for Everyone.
Deleting message for everyone allows you to delete specific messages you’ve sent to an individual or group chat.
Note: Messages that are successfully delete for everyone will be replaced with: “This message was deleted.”
To delete message for everyone:
Open WhatsApp on your iPhone or Android device and go to the chat containing the message you want to delete.
Tap and Hold the message or messages you wish to delete. Once you select the messages, hit Delete and then select “Delete for everyone.”
Delete message for yourself:
If you want to delete a message just for yourself, the same (above) procedure can follow to delete a message for yourself, but at the end, you will select “delete for me” instead of “Delete for everyone.”
Frequently Asked Questions
How to delete whatsapp group without exiting
No, you cannot delete the group without leaving the group. You’ll need to exit first and after then only you will be able to delete your WhatsApp group. However, you can clear chats, videos, and more items from the group and then leave the group.
How to delete whatsapp group without admin
If you want to delete the WhatsApp group without admin, you can easily do so. To do so, you can follow the instructions mentioned in the above sections.
How can i delete a whatsapp group of which i am the administrator?
To delete a whatsapp group of which I am the administrator the answer is below:
First of all, remove all participants other than yourself, by pressing and holding their name. Now, as Admin, exit yourself from the group by pressing “Exit Group” option underneath. Finally, the delete group option will replace and: press “Delete Group“