Venmo is a great financial app to use to send and receive money. Venmo allows its users to send and receive money between two people for any purpose. You can send your $20 for brunch to your friend through your phone before you even get up from the table. However, if you have found the best alternative to a Venmo account-it might be time to close your account. Or, you are deleting the Venmo account of a deceased person. The reason to delete a Venmo account can be anything, but deleting a Venmo account has no multiple methods. Take a look at these tips and learn how to delete Venmo account.
How to Delete Venmo Account
Bear in mind always that a Venmo account can only be deleted or canceled from a laptop or desktop computer, not from a smartphone, tablet, or mobile web browser. Here’s follow the instructions below to permanently deactivate Venmo account.
1. Visit https://venmo.com/ on your web browser and sign in to your account, if you are not already logged in. Once you logged into your account, you can see your recent transactions appear, along with the main Venmo interface.
2. Make sure to clear funds from your Venmo account. Venmo won’t let you close your account if still has funds available or transaction in progress. You can do one of two things here;
- You can always return the funds to the sender
- If you want to keep the money, transfer it into your bank account. This will take a few business days, but if you want an instant bank transfer, Venmo will charge you a small fee.
3. Now tap on Settings, located in the upper-right corner. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click the Close my Venmo account link.
4. You’ll see a message appear telling you to review and download your recent statement before closing your account. Tap Next.
5. Once you get your Venmo statement, tap Next. A warning appears asking you if you are sure you want to close your Venmo account. Tap Close Account to complete the process, or you can tap Cancel to exit if you change your mind.
When your account is finally closed down, Venmo will send one final email to the email address associated with your Venmo account. It will include your transaction history and a goodbye message.
How to Delete Venmo Transaction
Unfortunately, it’s not possible to completely delete your transaction history from Venmo. Even if you take the extreme measure and close your Venmo account, the history of your payments will remain in the system.
If you want to protect your transaction history or other information from people on your friend list, you can change the default settings for publishing in the feed. You can do it for all transactions, including past transactions. Let’s see how you can delete Venmo transactions.
- Open the Venmo app on your phone and go to Settings>Privacy.
- Under Default Privacy Settings, you’ll find three options there: Public, Friends, and Private. Choose Private. Click Change anyway in the confirmation prompt that will appear.
3. Again, on the privacy page, under more, click Past Transaction. In the past transaction tab, tap Change All to Private, and then do it again in the confirmation prompt.
Frequently Asked Question
How to Cancel Venmo Payment
No, you cannot delete Venmo transactions. Because sending money through Venmo is so instantaneous, you cannot cancel a payment once it’s been sent. If the person to whom you accidentally send money is a Venmo user, you’ll have to send them a request for the amount.
Unfreeze Venmo Account
Having a Venmo account can make your transaction more convenient. But you might not be feeling that convenience if Venmo has frozen your account.
Reason of Frozen Venmo Account
The first reason due to which your account has been frozen is that you did not have enough funds in your bank account to complete a transfer.
When this happens, Venmo still pays the person you transferred money to, but you now owe Venmo that amount. The easiest way to clear your account is to pay the debt using a debit card.
How to Reactivate Venmo Account
If you’ve deleted your account on your own so you cannot reactivate your account. If you want to use Venmo again, you’ll need to create a new account and re-add your bank details if you want to access Venmo in the future.
About reinstated the Venmo account, the easiest way is to reinstate your account is to pay back the amount through a debit card. You can also pay the amount with your bank, but keep in mind that payment can take a few days to process. Once Venmo receives the funds, your account will be reinstated.
How to Contact Venmo Customer Service
If you have any query, you can contact Venmo Customer Service through two methods:
- You can send the email to email@example.com
- Do Chat with Venmo on mobile app (M-F, 7:00am-1:00 am EST; Sat-Sun, 9:00am-11:00pm EST)
- You can also call the Venmo team, 1-855-812-4430