You may no longer able to access TikTok, as it’s 2020, a lot of things happened this year, and the banned in India TikTok is a part of the incident of this year. However, if you are still using it with the help of a VPN like Nord or if you want to delete your old account that may not under your control, and if you are not an Indian personality and able to use TikTok but want to delete your TikTok account due to any reason, no problem, we will guide you “how to delete TikTok account”. This is not so much difficult, but doing it without proper knowledge can create a fuss. You may lose all your data, like videos, fans, and other things as well. Read on:
1. Open the TikTok app on your phone, iPhone. If you already using it you may know about the app how it looks like but still, if you don’t know- it’s a black and white music note icon on the home screen or in the app drawer.
Note: When you will delete your account you will lose all your content, videos, and subscriber. But once you delete the TikTok account, you will have 30 days to reactivate your TikTok account within that time period. You can sign back in to do so. With this, you can save your data, in case you change your mind.
2. Click the profile icon that says “Me” and open your profile section. Make sure it will open then only if you have already logged in otherwise it will prompt you to sign in.
3. Click on the three vertical dots menu at the top right corner of the screen. Click Manage My Account at the top of the menu.
On this page, scroll down and you will see a confirmation page that provides some details about deleting your account.
Note: If you have created your account via any social media account like Facebook. Instagram, you’ll have to first verify your account and click continue to sign in that service before the confirmation page will appear.
4. Click the “Delete” account button at the bottom of the screen. It will ask you to confirm through-verify your account or enter the code you’ve received on your registered phone number or email id. Follow the on-screen instruction now.
5. Now, click Delete to confirm. You will immediately be signed out from the TikTok app. Now your account is deactivated, your content will not be visible to others on the app. You can reactivate your account by logging in before the 30 days period expires, in case you change your mind.
How to Delete TikTok Videos
If you want to delete your TikTok videos from your account due to any reason you can delete your videos. There are two types of videos. One is in your draft, you haven’t posted and the other one is you have posted. Don’t worry; deleting both videos has some process so you can follow the given steps to delete your TikTok videos.
1. First of all, open the app and visit your profile. Click on the “Me” section at the right corner of the screen and once you will get an entire list of all the videos you have created in the app.
2. Click the video you want to delete. Play the video on the screen, while that is going on, you will see three little dots in the bottom-right corner. Click the three dots, and the app will show you the menu options.
3. Click Delete and confirm by clicking Delete again. When the pop-up menu appears, swipe it from left to right until you see a little trashcan icon. Click it, and the video in question will be removed from your gallery. Now the app will ask you to confirm that you really want to delete your video, click “Yes” to delete the video.