Telegram is a great messaging app that offers end to end encryption to keep your communication away from the eyes of unwanted snoopers. As more and more users turn to the privacy side, competition among security-focused messengers is getting right. However, if you’ve decided to leave Telegram because you have too many messenger apps or you’ve found another, deleting your Telegram account makes sense. There can be any reason that you are going to remove Telegram account. Fortunately, it takes no time to delete a Telegram when you know what to do. Here’s you can learn how to delete a Telegram account.
How to Delete Telegram Account
You can follow these steps to delete your Telegram account on desktop. Make sure that there is no option to deactivate or remove the account within the Telegram app.
1. Visit https://my.telegram.org/auth?to=deactivate on a web browser you usually use. You can use both mobile and desktop browsers-whichever is convenient for you.
2. Now, enter the phone number you’ve signed with to Telegram and tap Next.
Note: Make sure to type your number in the international format +(country code) (city or carrier code) (your number).
3. If you have entered your phone number correctly, you will get a message in your Telegram app (not SMS) with a confirmation code. Now head back to the deactivation page opened in your browser, enter the received code to the respective field, and hit the Sign in button.
4. You’ll be asked for the reason to leave Telegram. Since this field is an option, you can even point out your reasons for quitting and give feedback by leaving the field blank. Whatever you choose to do, click Done Afterwards.
5. Now, you’ll need to confirm that you really want to get rid of your account. If you are sure of your decision, click Yes, delete my account in the pop-up window.
That’s it! Your Telegram account is removed now and you will no longer access the app.
Note: These all steps can be also applied on iPhone if you want to delete Telegram account on iPhone and Android.
How to Delete Telegram Account without Confirmation Code
Telegram Account Deleted Automatically
We have included these 2 questions in one because these 2 have the same answer. Actually, Telegram allows you to your Telegram account in two ways. One way is Telegram manually such as we did above, and the other is deleting Telegram account automatically. However, if your question is how to remove the Telegram account without a confirmation code, the answer we are going to explain will also cover it. Read on.
Telegram accounts are set for self-destruction after a certain time of inactivity. A default period is set to 6 months, meaning that if you don’t log into your Telegram within that time, it will be deleted and your conversation will be gone forever. However, you cannot disable these features, but you can set the time ranging from 1 to 12 months. You just need to set it to self-destruct after a month and then just wait. Make sure you do not use Telegram at that time, after the time ends, your account will be deleted. You can do so by following these steps.
1. Open your Telegram app and go to Settings. Select Privacy & Security. Scroll down and tap If Away For.
2. Now, select 1 month and that’s all. Now you just need to wait and make sure you don’t use your account at this time.
How to Delete Telegram Account on iPhone
If you want to remove your Telegram account through your iPhone so you should know that you cannot delete your Telegram account through the app. But still, you can delete your Telegram account on iPhone or Android using the web browser as we did above. We also mentioned it in the above section.
There you have it guys! You can only delete your Telegram account permanently & quickly using your web browser, otherwise, compromise and wait 1 month or more. If you have any query about Telegram delete Kaise kare or how to delete Telegram account, make sure you drop the comment below.