Sections breaks are useful in creating multiple sections in word documents. So you can format different sections in distinctive styles. However, if you still want to delete the section break in word, you can do it anytime with ease. Read and learn how to delete section break in the word.
How to Delete Section Break in Word (next page in word)
1. First of all, press Ctrl +H to open the “Find and Replace: box in word. Or you can manually select the “Find & Replace” option from the top left corner of the word.
2. Next, put the cursor inside the “Find What” text box. Tap the “More” button to get more options, and then click “Special” and choose “Section Break” on its menu. You’ll see “^b” in the “Find what” text box. So an alternative way is to enter “^b” directly after step 2.
3. Lastly, leave the “Replace with” box blanks and click “Replace All.” Click OK on the confirmation box.
How to Remove All Section Breaks in Word
If you have Kutools for Word installed, you can easily remove all section breaks in word in one click by its Remove Sections Breaks feature. Make sure you follow the steps:
Click Kutools>Breaks>Remove Sections Breaks, and then a dialog box comes out to ask for your confirmation. Please click the Yes button to go ahead. Now all section breaks are deleted from the current document in bulk immediately.
Note: This tool “Remove Section Breaks” feature also supports deleting all section breaks from the selection.
- Select the part where you will remove section breaks, 2. And click Kutools>Breaks>Remove Section Breaks.
How to Remove Section Break in Word Mac
If you added section breaks to your document, the easiest way to see where they begin and end is to show formatting marks. With the help of the instructions, you will get to know how to remove section breaks in Word Mac.
- Go to Home, and choose Show all nonprinting characters. Have a look at the image; section breaks look similar to this:
2. Next, choose the section break and then press Delete.
Note: When you delete a section break, Word combines the text before and after the break into one section. The new combined section will use the formatting from the section that followed the section break.
How to Remove Section Break in Word Online
In this guide, we assume that you have a manually-inserted page breaks and that you want to delete it. These steps won’t delete automatic page breaks that occur when you have added enough information to a page that a new page is created. This only applied to page breaks that have been manually added to a document. Here’s a guide you can learn how to remove section break in word online.
Visit Word Online at https://office.live.com/start/Word.aspx and sign in to your Microsoft Account. Open the document containing the page breaks that you wish to remove.
Tap on the line right below the manually-inserted page breaks to place your cursor there.
Press the Backspace key on your keyboard to delete the page break. You may need to press backspace a couple of times if the cursor wasn’t on the beginning of the line, or if it wasn’t on the line directly below the page break.
Can’t Remove Section Break in Word
If you cannot remove section break in word, place the cursor at the beginning of the section break then press del in the numeric keypad if your keyboard has one. If not (as with a laptop) press fn + delete.
You can even try this method. Place the cursor at the beginning of the Section Break, press Shift +➡︎then press delete.
Note: You can try both these methods to delete the section break in the word. If still doesn’t work please let us know how what exactly problem persisting in your word, we’ll try to solve to issue ASAP.