In this article, we will explain to you how to delete your PSN account. You can request support for the permanent deletion of your PlayStation Network (PSN) account closure.
What happens when you close PSN account?
When you delete your account, it is necessary to understand the following points before you proceed.
- You will no longer be able to use the Online ID to create a new account.
- All purchases will be lost. No content can be transferred to another account.
- All subscription will be terminated.
- Your PSN wallet will no longer be available and your remaining funds will be deleted.
How to Delete PSN Account
1. You cannot be ready or proceed to delete PSN account, make sure you collect these mentioned data available. The documents are;
- Your sign-in ID, which is you email address
- Your PSN Online ID
- Any security information you’ve added to protect your account.
2. Once you gathered all this data, you’ll need to contact Sony PlayStation support. Make sure that support options vary by location.
3. You can use chat support, visit https://www.playstation.com/en-in/support/ and choose PSN Account Help, and then select Contact Us.
4. To contact Sony PlayStation support by phone, call the support number from your region. If you don’t see a phone number for your region below, do a web search for your country name and “Sony PlayStation support phone number.”
- Australia: 1300 13 7669
- Europe: 0203 538 2665
- Hong Kong: 2341 2356
- Malaysia: 1 800 81 4963
5. Request to delete your account from the support agent. Bear in mind that you have to answer some security questions to confirm your identity before the support agents delete your account.
RELATIVE: How to Delete PlayStation Account
How to Delete PS4 Account
Spend a little moment making sure that you really do want to delete your PS4 account before doing so. Once you delete your account, you will lose all of the saved data, and screenshots stored on the console will be erased.
1. To delete the PS4 account, sign in to the primary account on your PS4 console. Scroll up to the “Function area,” which is a long row of different icons, just above your games and applications.
2. Now scroll to the right side of the row, and choose “Settings.” If you could find the Settings option, you do see a Settings icon (the white silhouette of a toolbox). 3. Under Settings, choose the “Parent Controls/Family Management” tab. Choose the Family Management option.
4. Under “Family Management”, choose the user profile you wish to delete. Now tap “Delete User Profile” and then follow the prompts to confirm your choice.
And just like that, the PS4 will forget that user account ever existed.
How to Add another PSN Account to PS4
Bored from playing alone, add a new user or your friends on your PS4 account. It’ easy to add another person on your PS4, here what you need to do.
1. First of all, turn on your PS4, and when you see the login screen use the controller to choose “New User.” Under new user, select “Create a User.” Make sure you do not choose “Play as a Guest”- this is a temporary account that gets deleted when it logs out.
2. If you have an existing PSN account and you are adding it to this PS4, enter your sign-in credentials. Use the email address and password associated with your account. If you are creating a new account, choose “New to PlayStation Network? Create an Account. “Then follow the instructions to enter your personal information, including your location, email and password, and online ID, as well as choose privacy settings and PlayStation Plus.
Note: If you don’t want this, you can skip this step as well.
3. Choose “Activate” to make this console your primary PS4. You can now log in automatically when you turn on your PS4.
If you prefer, you can also create your PSN account using a web browser. To do that, open the https://my.playstation.com/ in a web browser and select “Create Account.” After you create your account, you can use the same credentials to log in on your PS4.
RELATIVE: How To Delete PS4 Account
How to Delete PSN Account without Password
If don’t know or forgot your username and password of your PSN account, you won’t be able to delete your PSN account. In this case, you can reset your password by hitting the Forgot Option below the sign in. Or you can take support from the PS4 support team.
How to Delete PSN Account on PS4
To delete a PSN account on PS4, go to the user accounts window, click to select the desired user account to delete. Click the Delete the account button and you can choose whether to keep files or delete files button. Click the Delete user account button. That’s it.
This was the guide about how to delete a PSN account. You can easily delete or add your PSN account whether you have iPhone, iPad, Mac. But is important to take care of your credentials, it will help you to take immediate action on your account and also secure your account.