Pinterest is a great place to share what you like; do, your interest, ideas and most other things make you happy. It may that you are already using it for business purposes as well. However, in any case, if you want to get rid of your Pinterest account, don’t worry you can do it easily. Pinterest offers two options for deleting an account: a deactivation that removes everything from the public eye but leaves it intact if you happen to change your mind, and a full, no-looking-back deletion. Both options are thankfully pretty straightforward. Find out how to delete Pinterest account in this quick guide.
How to Delete Pinterest Account PC
Now learn how to delete your Pinterest account permanently with quick 7 easy steps.
1. Visit https://pinterest.com/ on your browser and log in to your account, if you are not already logged in. Once you are in, click the three dots in the menu at the top-right corner of the page. Doing so will open a menu. Now click Edit Settings on the menu.
2. Under edit, click on Account Settings near the top of the panel. Click “Close Account” under the “Account changes” header. It’s near the bottom of the page. This option will permanently delete your profile, Pins, boards, and all other information associated with your account.
Note: In case you want to disable your account without permanently deleted your username, Pins, and boards, choose to Deactivate account and then click next instead. Nobody will be able to see your profile or content while your account is deactivated, and you can reactivate at any time by logging back in.
3. Now choose a reason and click next. Doing so will open a menu. If you want to delete your account click Delete or if you want temporarily deactivation, click Deactivate account to confirm.
Note: Once your account deactivated, it won’t reactivate until you signed again in your account. Once you signed again in your account, your deactivated account will automatically reactivate.
5. Click on Send Mail and you’ll get the deletion message from Pinterest. You’ll need to follow the link to complete the deletion process.
Note: You have only 14 days to reactivate your account in case you change your mind. If you signed back in during that time, your account will be re-enabled. If not, it will be permanently deleted.
How to Delete Pinterest Account on iPhone
If you are using the Pinterest app and want the remove Pinterest through the app directly, learn here how to delete Pinterest account on your iPhone. Read on.
1. Open the Pinterest app on your iPhone and login, if you are not already logged in. Tap on the profile button in the bottom right. Open Setting by tapping on the gear icon in the top right.
2. Select Edit Settings. Scroll all the way to the bottom. You have a choice to deactivate your account or close it for good. We have already explained you the results of deactivating the account.
3. Choose either you want to delete your account or deactivate your account. To delete your account, select “Close Account.” You will receive an email asking you to confirm.
4. Open the email and confirm. Now you have a two-week window in which you can reactivate your account by logging back in.
Note: Whether you want to delete your account on Phone (Android) or iPhone, both have the same process of deleting and deactivating your Pinterest account.
Frequently Asked Question
How to delete an old pinterest account without logging in
If you want to delete your Pinterest account, you’ll need to log in. You cannot remove an old Pinterest account without logging in. Whether you want to remove an old Pinterest account or a new account, without logging you cannot process your deletion activity on the Pinterest account.
How to reactivate pinterest account
If you want to reactivate your Pinterest account, you just need to login into your account as you did usually. Once you login into your account, a pop-up will appear that confirms you want to reactivate your account.
Can you delete a pinterest account?
Yes, you can delete your Pinterest account easily. You can delete your Pinterest from your PC, phone, or iOS as well. If you want to delete a Pinterest account, just go through with the article above.