PayPal account is safe and secure for every transaction you want to make. You can use it to buy all kinds of products. Hence, all good things must come to an end, and if you are reading this article you’re probably ready to delete your PayPal account. Before you go ahead, there are a few things you should know about PayPal. We will let you know about PayPal and we’ve listed all the details as step-by-step instructions on how to delete PayPal account below. Read on.
Why You Need to Delete your PayPal Account?
A PayPal account doesn’t cost any money to maintain, but there are still some reasons why you might want to delete it. Maybe you have a business account and your business is closing down. May you’ve switched to an alternative like Venmo or Trandferwise? Or maybe you just want to open another account using a different email address.
But still, whatever the reason, if you are stick to your decision and you are set to delete your account and you will never use it again, then it’s good to delete your account. PayPal is secure, but any place on the web where your personal and financial details are listed should be watched with caution.
Important things you should do before deleting your PayPal Account
- Empty your PayPal balance
- Pay off any outstanding balance
- Fix any unresolved issues (may involve contacting customer service).
- You can also create a copy of your transaction (if you want, not necessary).
How to Delete Your PayPal Account
1. Visit https://paypal.com/in/home on your browser. Click on the right-hand side Log in with your username and password.
Note: You can’t deactivate your account from the PayPal mobile app.
2. Once you logged in, click the “Setting” gear type icon in the upper-right corner of the window.
Note: Before you can close the account, you need to verify your account and transfer all remaining funds to your account as we mentioned above as well.
3. Click the “Account” tab. It’s in the menu that runs horizontally across the top of your window. Tap close your account, you can find this option under the “Account options” section.
Note: Here, you may need to enter your account number (if prompted). It will ask you then only if you already linked or attached your bank account with PayPal.
4. Now Hit “Close Account”, and your PayPal Account will be closed and you’ll get an email confirmation of the action. Make sure before to do, because this task cannot be undone.
Note: Once your account has been closed, you can create your PayPal account again, and even with the same email id but associated everything tied to your account will be permanently deleted. This means that your transaction history will be lost, so make sure you create a copy before closing down your account.
How to Change Name on your PayPal Account
If you want to change your PayPal account due to any reason, you can change it on your own with some easy steps:
Note: You can change it by up to two characters without the need to delete it and create a new one.
1. Choose the Settings icon in the upper-right corner of any PayPal page next to Log Out.
Note: If you have legally changed your name, PayPal requires you to upload documentation as proof. PayPal typically reviews the documentation within five business days.
2. Select Update next to your name, choose the type of name change you want to do in your name and follow the on-screen instructions and choose update name.
3. Once you complete the instruction and click update name, your name will be changed.
How to Change E-mail id on PayPal
If you forgot your email id or if you no longer access the email id you linked with your PayPal account, or if you just want to replace your old email id with the new one, you can change it easily. Follow the guide “how to change email id on PayPal” and change your email id on PayPal.
1. Go to PayPal.com and click on log in in the upper-right corner on the web. Once you’re logged in, click on the gear icon, located in the upper-right corner of the screen, next to “Log Out.”
2. Go to the E-mail section on the right, tap the “Update” button located next to the email address you want to make your new primary.
3. Check the box next to “Make this my primary email for receiving notifications” and click “Change Email.”
4. Here, you can see your new email address will then show up listed as the primary and you’ll be able to delete your old primacy email from this screen if you want.