If you don’t want to continue with your Microsoft account or just want to delete your Outlook account, you do have the option to delete it. Here are the steps you would require to delete your entire Microsoft account. You have to option to delete your Outlook account. You can delete your outlook account by deleting your complete Microsoft account or you can just delete email address from your Outlook account. In that case, your email and contacts would be deleted from the server and the effect is permanent. This would also impact your Xbox, Skype, and OneDrive accounts.
If you want to know both conditions of deleting an Outlook account stay and read the complete article about how to delete an Outlook account permanently from computer.
How to Delete Outlook Account 2021
The very first option is for those who want to delete Outlook account by deleting your Microsoft account. To delete your Microsoft account, visit https://bit.ly/3oqo1j0 on your web browser. Now scroll down and click the “Close Account” button. You need to sign in to your using your credentials associated with your Microsoft account.
Once you logged in, simply follow the on-screen instructions, and your account will be deleted.
However, if you don’t want to do that, you could instead opt to simply remove your email address from your Outlook account. Here’s how to delete your Outlook account by removing your email address.
How to Delete Outlook Email Account
This would easy and less your questionnaire, however, here’s how to delete your emails address from Outlook:
1. Open Outlook account on your device whichever you use. Click the gear icon, located toward the top-right side of the screen. Choose “View all Outlook settings.”
2. Go to the Mail tab in the far left sidebar, and then select “Sync email” in the next sidebar. Hover over the email address and tap the trash icon to delete the email address from your Outlook account.
Note: In case you don’t see the option to remove your email address from Outlook and you have Windows, you should delete the account from your Mail and Calendar apps. Or, if you have an outdated version of Outlook, you may have to use other means to delete your email address from your Outlook account.
How to Delete Microsoft Account
We will simplify the process for you. Here you can directly learn how to delete your Microsoft account. Deleting your Microsoft account can be a great way to ensure that none of your data is used by the company without your permission. When you do so or remove your data from the database, it will ensure you that your information cannot be collected by an unapproved third-party source while you aren’t looking.
1. Open the Settings of your device, and tap into the “Accounts” section. Once here, you can find the option to delete the Microsoft account at the bottom of the “Your account” tab.
Important: You cannot delete that account you are signing in currently. You won’t be able to remove it while you’re still signed in on that same account. You’ll need to either create a separate local account or re-login from there.
2. Once you logged in on a separate account, choose the one plan on deleting, and select the “Remove” option once it pops up.
Delete Microsoft Account from Server
Don’t have multiple Microsoft account and don’t even want to create a new Microsoft account to delete the existing one. Here’s you can follow the second way to delete your Microsoft account direct from the Microsoft Server.
1. Visit http://t.ly/iitr and log in to your Microsoft Account on the Microsoft Website. You need to sign in using your credentials associated with your Microsoft account.
2. Tap on “Next” in the lower left-hand corner. Now verify your identity with your email address or phone number. Enter the verification code. Start checking all the boxes on the reminders that pop-up.
3. Now, you’ll need to provide the reason for leaving and tap on the option to “Mark account for closure.” Tap the Done button.
How to Delete Outlook Account on iPhone
If you want to delete your Outlook account on iPhone, you should know email accounts accessed through the Mail app are managed not from Mail, but from iOS. So to add or remove an account, you’ll work through the Settings app, not the Mail app.
1. Open Settings on your iPhone device. Under Settings, click Passwords & Accounts. If you are using an earlier version of iOS, then the process would be; Mail or Mail, Contacts, Calendars>Open Accounts.
2. Now, select the email account you wish to remove and hit “Delete account.”
3. To confirm, click Delete Account or, it would be labeled as, click Delete from My iPhone. Your account will be deleted now.
Frequently Asked Question
How to Remove Primary Account from Outlook
If you want to remove the primary account in Outlook, you should follow the steps:
Close Outlook and go to start. Here, click on Control Panel. Tap on the Mail icon. In Account Settings, remove all secondary accounts and then delete the primary account. With all the accounts now removed, click the Data Files tab.
How to Remove Account from Outlook App
You can easily remove the account from the Outlook app, here you can learn how:
- Start the Outlook app on your device.
- Go to the menu icon; tap Settings appearing at the top left.
- Tap the account you would like to remove/delete.
- Now you will see that a window will appear. Tap Delete Account.
- Hit again Delete on the window appears to confirm you really want to delete your account.
This was the guide about how to delete Outlook account. You can easily delete your Outlook account whether you are using Window, iOS device. Procedure will be same but interface or options may vary depends on iOS, Windows.