Want to delete your OfferUp account but don’t know how to do so? No problems, we will guide you on how to delete the OfferUp account. If you are a seller on OfferUp, make sure you cleared everything on your account such as pending amount, order, disputes, transaction, backup if you want, and many other things that you may need in the future. Because sometimes it may not possible to recover your data once you’ve deleted your account. However, there is a number of exceptions more, we will cover it in the articles ahead. Let’s go and learn how you can delete your OfferUp account.
How to Delete OfferUp Account
1. Go to https://offerup.com/accounts/deactivate/ in a web browser you use usually. Log in with your email and password, if you are not already logged in.
2. Once you logged in to your account, enter the reason for leaving the OfferUp account. You can find the radial button next to the reason you want to leave under “Reason for leaving.” If the reason you want to leave isn’t there listed. Choose other at the bottom of the list and then write your own reason.
3. Once you done, click Deactivate My Account. It’s a green button below the list of reasons for leaving. This displays a pop-up asking if you are sure you want to deactivate your account.
If you are sure and want to delete your account, click the “Yes, I am sure” green button and confirm your decision. Click done at the pop-up. This redirects you to your account page. It will say “Account Inactive” at the top of the page.
How to Delete OfferUp Post
If you want to delete the OfferUp post or delete something from the board, make sure you follow the steps below.
1. Open Offerup on your Android. It’s the blue and white icon with a price tag that says “OfferUp.” You will find it on the home screen or in the app drawer. Use this method to remove an item you added to your personal OfferUp Board.
2. Tap the Offers button at the bottom of the screen. Tap the Boards tab, and a list of your boards will appear.
3. Tap the board to which you saved the item and then tap the item you want to remove. Tap the red hear icon at the top-right corner of the item. A pop-up menu will appear now on the board. The heart on the item will no longer be filled in red. If you shared the board with others, they will no longer see this item.
Frequently Asked Question
How to Reactivate OfferUp Account
If you don’t know how to reactivate the OfferUp account, so I would like to tell you this is so simple. To reactivate your Offerup account, log in the same way you did in the past. Either use your email address and OfferUp password or log in with Facebook or Google.
Note: If you deactivate your account before February 2017, you’ll need to choose Contact Us to reactivate your account manually.
OfferUp Account Hacked
If you think that something happened with your account, you can directly contact Offerup Support. Visit https://help.offerup.com/ and select contact us.
Here are a few things you should know and if happens; give extra attention to it.
- You provided account information in response to a request for your OfferUp username or password. (OfferUp will never contact you for that information by email, in app-message, phone, or text message.
- You typed your details into a website that looks suspicious, or whose URL is not https://offerup.com or https://offerupnow.com.
- Forgot to sign out of OfferUp when using a shared device.
- Notice unusual account activity, like sent messages that weren’t from you or items that you didn’t post.
OfferUp Account Deleted
If your account was automatically deleted and you did nothing with the account, you need to contact the support team by visiting the official site of Offerup https://help.offerup.com/.
However, OfferUp never deletes your account, if you did nothing. There might be a reason or if you break any policy or guidelines, it’s possible that your account was deleted or deactivated by OfferUp. Whatever the issue is, if you are not clear about this, you should contact the support team and explain your situation.
Note: If you break any policy or guidelines for the very first time, the OfferUp user account can be deactivated by the authority.
OfferUp Login Issues
If you are having trouble to login OfferUp account, make sure you entering the right username and password. If it is, log out of your account, and then log back in and try your action again.
You can also try to restart your device and switch between your wireless internet and cellular data, in case your problem is related to your connection.
If still not able to log in, uninstall and reinstall the app to make sure you’re using the most recent version.