Having multiple emails or want to free up space in your Gmail? Deleting email in Gmail can be the best option. You can delete multiple emails at once in your Gmail and free up space for your new Gmail. Deleting emails can be achieved through the Gmail app. However, when you have thousands of emails you want to clear, you’ll need a computer. Google on one of its support pages notes that you cannot delete all messages together from the Gmail app. To know how to delete multiple emails in Gmail, follow the given steps.
How to Delete Emails in Gmail on Android or iPhone
Whether you want to delete emails on iPhone or Android, the process is mostly the same.
1. Open the Gmail app on your Android or iPhone app. Open the folder that contains the emails you want to remove in Gmail.
Note: In order to choose the bulk email messages, you must display all the emails in a folder.
2. Tap the icon to the left of an email you want to delete in Gmail. Or, press and hold the message to select it.
3. Select the icon next to any other emails you want to remove from Gmail. Hit the Delete icon. You’ll see that your selected messages are deleted.
Note: When you delete an email, it stays in your Trash for 30 days. After that time, it will be permanently deleted. If you want to remove an email from your inbox but don’t want to delete it, you can archive the email messages.
RELATIVE: How to Delete Email Account
How to Delete All Email in Gmail
Fortunately, there are many Gmail email deletion option that allows you to control exactly which email messages you . You can even learn how to delete all emails in Gmail quickly and easily.
Open your Gmail inbox. At the top, you can the Checkbox. You can click on this checkbox to select all the messages in the particular folder.
Alternative, click the checkbox next to each message you want to delete, like this. You can select and delete thousands of emails in Gmail.
Once you’re done with selecting all the messages you want to delete, click the Trash icon (it looks like a trash icon) on the Tools menu to send the messages to your trash folder.
Note: You’re limited to working with visible Gmail messages only. If you’ve got more than one screen of unwanted Gmail messages, you’ll have to deal with each screen separately.
How to Delete Old Emails in Gmails
If you want to delete old emails in Gmail, follow the below steps.
1. You can easily search old emails and delete them in a batch. In the Gmail search bar, you can type the data in this format: YYYY/DD/MM.
2. You can even search by how old emails are. If you type older than 1 year you’ll see all the Gmail emails older than 1 year. You can use m for months or d for days.
3. If you want to delete them all, click the Check all box, then click Select All conversation that matches this search followed by the Delete button.
How to Gmail Delete Old Emails Automatically
Gmail offers filters to manage incoming emails automatically. Using filters, you can create a bunch of rules for email organization. Here, we are going to create a filter to auto-delete emails from Gmail. Follow the steps below.
1. Open Gmail on the web and log in using your Google account credentials. From the Gmail inbox screen, tap on the Settings icon at the upper-right corner.
2. From the Gmail settings screen, go to the Filter and Blocked addresses tab. Here, you will see the list of filters that you have created. Scroll down to the bottom screen and choose the “Create a new filter” option. Enter the email address that you want to auto-delete going forwards, ignore the other options, and choose to Create Filter at the bottom.
4. From the following menu, you can choose a bunch of options. Since we are talking about the auto-delete function then choose the Delete it options. Tap on the create filter at the bottom.
Note: You can create as many filters as you like. Gmail will automatically delete those incoming emails from the added email addresses. Gmail also allows you to create a filter right from the email details menu.
How to Delete Multiple Emails on Gmail on iPad
However, deleting emails on Gmails on iPad is similar to deleting Emails on other devices. There might be some interface differences. Let’s see how to do so.
Make sure you’ve downloaded the Gmail app. Open the Gmail app on your iPhone or iPad. Select emails by tapping the circular sender’s image or letter next to each email. Tap Delete. It’s done.