If you are reading this article, you surely know the best and worst about the Match account, after all you used the app. There can be any reason that you want to delete your Match account, it may you matched with a future partner, and it may also that you didn’t match anyone even you are using it for more than a year. Whatever the reason; thankfully, deleting a Match account is quite easy.
In this article, we will teach you how to delete the Match account step-by-step. You can delete the match account from your computer or from the app as well. Make sure you follow the listed steps below.
How to Delete Match Account 2020
1. Visit https://match.com/ in a web browser. You can use your web browser on your computer, phone, or tablet to cancel your Match account. You need to delete your subscription and delete your profile.
2. Now, log in to your account, if you’re not already logged in to your account. Tap Sign in at the top-right corner of the page.
3. Tap on the gear icon at the top-right corner of the page. If you’re using s phone, tap your profile icon first to bring up the gear icon.
4. Tap the Manage Subscription from the appeared links. You’ll be asked to enter a password, type your password into the provided field, and check the box next to “I’m not a robot.” Tap on Continue Button.
5. If you pay a subscription make sure you cancel it before you delete your account. To do so, Tap Subscription Status and cancel any subscription plans now.
6. You will receive an email confirmation once your cancellation is confirmed. If you subscribed to Match.com on your Android and are billed through the Play Store, Cancelling a Subscription on Android.
- If you subscribed on an iPhone or iPad, see Cancelling a Subscription on iPhone or iPad.
7. Tap Cancel Membership and Remove Profile below the “Subscription Status” link on the manage subscription page. This will immediately deactivate your profile and log you out of your account.
Note: You can anytime reactivate your Match account by logging in and tapping the Reactivation link.
How to Suspend Match Profile
Hope you’ve understood how to delete the match profile above, but what happened if you are not sure or don’t want to delete your Match profile; just want to take a break for a while. There are still ways, suspending a match profile is a great option if you might need your profile again in the future. Here’s how to do so.
1. Firstly, log into your account via computer and go “My Account Settings” by tapping on your profile picture at the top right of any matching page.
2. If you are deciding that you’ll be away for a while, make sure you cancel your automatic renewals first so you don’t continue to get charged. You can do so by hitting “Manage my subscription.”
3. Tap “Suspend your profile” under “Help” to the left of the page. Then tap “Suspend my account” to confirm. You’ll get an email to confirm. You can reactivate your account any time by tapping on the link in this email, or just logging in to Match.
Match Closed My Account
If you think that match closed your account by mistake and you have a fair explanation, you can contact them easily. OR, if there your profile is blocked or closed due to policy or guidelines break, you can contact the support team. However, you cannot do it in your own way, you have to make a request.
You can check these two links to find out what the Match team expects from you in terms of the content of your profile, your behavior on-site, and how to communicate with other singles.