If you’re looking to take control of your Kik account; you’re probably wondering how to delete the app from your device. You cannot delete the Kik account from any apps; because every app may not be able to do it, but what about Kik? What kind of hoops do you have to jump through to rid the app from your phone? In this article, we will guide you in the details of how to delete your Kik account. If you don’t want to permanently delete your Kik account, you can take the less intensive option and deactivate it. Make sure you understand what Kik is before resorting to this, though
As it turns out, Kik doesn’t let you deactivate or delete your account through its mobile app. You’ll need to do this through its website, though you can visit the site on your phone or using a computer, depending on your preference.
What is Temporary Deactivation?
Temporary deactivation means that you’’’ temporarily stop receiving Kik messages and emails, your user name will not be searchable and your profile (name) will be disappeared and your name will get deleted from your contacts list. But bear in mind this is all is temporary. You can reactivate your account if you wish by signing back in.
This is a good method to choose when you don’t want to use Kik right now, but you might want to come back to your information later.
What is Permanent Deactivation?
Permanent deactivation means that you won’t get Kik messages and emails, you won’t show up in Kik’s search, and your name will be deleted from your contacts’ lists. You’ll never be able to get your data back once you permanently deactivate your accounts.
You should not permanently deactivate your account if you’re sure you don’t need or want it anymore.
How to Deactivate Kik Account
1. You can deactivate your Kik account from the official website. To do so, visit https://ws.kik.com/deactivate in a web browser. You cannot delete your Kik account from the app, so you have to use a web browser whether on your phone’s browser or computer.
2. Enter the email address associated with your Kik account. Once you entered the details, you’ll see a box that says “We’re Sad to See You Go!”
3. In case you need to change your email address on your Kik account, you can head to your Settings and add a new one.
4. Click Go! A Message will be sent to your email address. Open the message from Kik. It will explain in the subject line about the temporary deactivation of your account.
How to Delete Kik Account
Here’s the step to permanently delete your Kik account.
Visit https://ws.kik.com/delete this link on your web browser and enter the username and email address. Enter the reason why you want to delete your account. Check the box, it will confirm that you “understand that (you’re) permanently deactivating (your) account and you won’t be able to log in again to reactivate it.
Click Go! As in the above steps, a message will be sent to your email address.
Deactivate Teen’s Account
The result of deactivating the teen’s account will no longer be searchable within Kik and the account will be deleted from the Kik contacts lists of all the teen’s chat companions. Parents should know their child’s user name and the email address they used to register for the account.
If you want to know your teen’s username, follow the below steps:
- You can find your teen’s user name is available from their smartphone by launching Kik, which opens the app to the main chats list.
- Click the icon at the top of the screen to open the Settings, where you can see both the teen’s username and bold-faced display name.
- If you chat with your teen from your own device, it’s easy to see their username from the chat as well.
Parents can ask Kik to deactivate their teen’s account for them. To do that, they must submit a deactivation inquiry to Kik via email at firstname.lastname@example.org with parent inquiry in the subject line. The request must include the teen’s Kik username and age.
There can be any reason why you may decide to quit Kik, and the company has made it easy to disengage for anyone who chooses to do so. Kik also gives parents the resources to shut down their teen’s Kik connection, if they feel it’s appropriate.
There we have it guys! This was the guide about “how to delete Kik account.” You cannot delete the Kik account directly from the app; you need to visit its official site to start the deletion of the process.