Your web browser records all your web activity whether you use Google, Chrome, or any other browser on your iPhone or Android. If you want more privacy on your browser or your activity, it’s best to regularly clear your browsing history. In this article, we will guide you on how you can delete your search history on Safari Mac. You can even set your browser to wipe your history automatically and manually as well. Here’s how to delete history on safari.
How to Delete History on Safari Mac
Rhistory on safari isn’t a difficult task whether you want to delete history on safari on Mac or iPhone. Both have a bit of similarity and easy to do. However, we will give you a complete guide for how to clear search history on Safari.
1. Launch Safari on your Mac from the Launchpad. Click on “Safari” from the left corner of the menu bar and choose “Preferences.”
Alternatively, you can press Cmd +comma on your keyboard to head directly into this menu.
2. Now, under the “General” tab, locate the “Remove History items” option.
3. From the dropdown beside it, you can choose how often Safari should delete your browsing history. You can have it cleared as quickly as every day or every year.
4. Once you enable this setting, Safari automatically wipes logs of the website you visit, your searches, and more you do on the browser.
5. If you want to review your history before it gets deleted, you can select “Manually” from the drop-down and periodically erase your web activity from Safari yourself.
At the bottom of the “General” section, you’ll also find a separate setting called “Remove download list items.” With this option, you can configure Safari to automatically delete the list of files you downloaded (but not the files themselves). You can have them wiped after a day, as soon as you quit Safari, or when the download is unsuccessful.
How to Clear History on Safari iPhone
If you want to delete history on safari iPhone, you’ll need to proceed with Safari app instructions. Read on.
1. Open the Safari app on your device; tap the “Bookmarks” button at the bottom of the screen. It looks like an open book.
2. Select “History” from the bookmark menu and find the history that you want to delete. Swipe the history to the left. Doing so will reveal the “Delete” button. Tap the “Delete” button to remove history. Repeat the process for any history you want to delete.
How to Clear History on iPhone
You can clear your history on your iPhone as well as using your browsers such as Safari or any other browser. Here, we will guide you on how you can delete your history on your iPhone via Setting. Via setting you can delete all history on iPhone, here what you need to do.
Open the Settings app on your phone. Scroll down and tap “Safari.” Scroll down and tap “Clear History and Website Data.” Tap “Clear History and Data” to confirm, all of your history, cookies, and other browsing information will be deleted.
How to Clear Safari Cache on iPhone
You always want to run your device smoothly but every time you want this and every time it needs a fresh start, a Fresh start doesn’t mean restart for sure, you always need to clear the cache on iPhone, Mac, or any device you use. Deleting cache will keep you clean and help it to run smoothly. If you are reading this article, you really want to know how to clear the cache on the iPhone.
1. Open the Setting app on your iPhone and tap Safari. Tap Clear search history and website data.
2. On the screen that pops-up choose Clear History and Data. Note that, when you clear your cache on your iPhone or iPad, it will clear your history on your connected devices and computer as well.
3. If you want to clear your cookies on safari, but not your browsing history, Open the Settings app and click on Safari. Tap Advances and then Website Data. Hit “Remove all Website Data.”
Note: Before you do this, you should check your iCloud settings to make sure you preserve your passwords.
How to Clear History on iPhone Google
If you want to clear history on iPhone Google, make sure to follow the below steps. Deleting Google history can be the same on every device you use, doesn’t matter Android or iOS.
Open the Google app on your iPhone and touch the Settings icon along the bottom of the screen. Scroll to the bottom of the screen by swiping your finger vertically along with the screen and touch the “Privacy” entry.
Touch the “Clear History” entry to delete the Google history. Click on “Yes” on the prompt that appears to confirm your selection. Repeat for Cookies to clear any saved images or web sites.
Why I can’t clear history on Safari Mac
If you are not able clear history on Safari Mac, make sure that, if you’re Mac and your other devices have Safari turned on in iCloud preferences; your browsing history is removed from all of them.
Clearing your browsing history in Safari doesn’t clear any browsing histories kept independently by websites you visited.