Google doesn’t need to do Google about you because Google tracks you on and off the web in a myriad of ways that’s no surprise. In fact, once you will get know “how to delete Google search history” and deleted history on Google, still you can’t hide things from Google. Still, you can wrestle back some level of control.
The advertising giant collects data every time you search the web, every time you visit a website, every time you use your Android phone-you name it, Google is using it to collect the data about you. It’s the cost of getting so many services without spending any money, but there are some ways to limit what Google collects about you.
You use Google everywhere such as on your Phone, iOS, window. The process of clearing Google search history can be the same on every device because you use Google’s desktop site on your phone as well. Still, we will cover some basic steps including your iPhone, Android, and PC well. So you don’t need to worry about this. Let’s get a start and learning how to delete google search history .
How to Delete Google Search History (Android)
Do you want to make sure your search history is your search history? No problem, we will guide you in the way you can clear your Google search history on Android mobile. This method will allow you to clear things up on Google. Let’s see how?
1. Open Google on your Phone. To do so, slide in from the home screen if you’re using the Google Now Launcher, long-press the home button to Open Now on Tap, or open the manual Google app from your app gallery.
2. Once you open Google, click on the Search box- a short list of recently-searched items will pop up. Next, from the appearing list, just long-press the one search you’d like to delete. Now, a warning will appear up asking if you want to permanently remove the search query from your history. Hit “Delete” to make it official.
3. That’s it. You can repeat the same (long press on the search) and can do this as many search items as you’d like-older recent searches will show up as you delete the newer ones.
How to Delete the Google History on an iPhone
As users knew that Google search engine is featured on the iPhone both via Safari and through its Google Mobile app. Its revolutionary search features are available in mobile form for users who need to access these functions on the go. Like the Original Google home page, you can clear your search history on your iPhone for privacy issues.
1. Open the “Settings” app on your iPhone by touching the icon. Touch the “Safari” entry in the Settings window.
2. Scroll to the bottom using your finger vertically along with the screen and click the “Clear History” button. It will prompt you to confirm, click “Clear History”. Repeat for Cookies and Cache to clear saved pages and pictures.
Google App History on iPhone
Above you read about how you can delete your Google search history on iPhone on Safari and now we will read how you can clear Google search history on Google on iPhone. Read on.
1. Open the “Google” on your iPhone and click on the “Settings” icon along the bottom of the screen. Next, scroll to the bottom of the screen and touch the “Privacy” entry.
2. Click the “Clear History” or “Clear Browsing Data” entry to delete the Google History. Tap “Yes” on the prompt that appears to confirm your selection.
How to Delete Google Search History on Window
When you access Google Sites, apps, and services, most of the activity is saved in your Google account. Here’s a guide you can follow and learn how to delete Google search history.
Open the Google Account on your computer. To do so, click on the top-left corner of your computer screen and click on the profile icon (shows your name first letter or image).
Once you opened the Google account, go to the top-left navigation panel and click “Data & Personalization.”
Under Activity and timeline,” click My Activity. Click on the More icon at the top right of the page. Click on the “Delete Activity by” and scroll down. Below the “Delete Activity,” click all time and hit Delete.
Note: If you want to delete the single search item, go to the search by following the steps, and tap on the particular search item, and click more. Click Delete.
How to Delete Search History on Google Chrome
Google chrome provides you with the option to delete browsing history, cache, sign-in data, and cookies but Google has another “database” that’s unfamiliar to many people, known as “My Activity”. Read on and learn how you can delete search history on Google chrome.
If you want to delete all complete Google-related history (browsing, cache search, etc.), the process is rather simple. But note that this is not the same as deleting your website history. Open Google Chrome on your device and go to Google My Account. Make sure you are already logged in. Click on “Privacy & Personalization” in the top left corner, then click on “Manage your data & personalization.”
Scroll down until you see the “Activity” and timeline box, and then click on “My Activity.”
If you want to delete your complete search history or a custom range, choose the “Delete activity by” on the screen’s left side. You can choose your time range for activity deletion (Last hour, Last day, All Time, or Custom range). Confirm your choice and hit delete. Your history has been deleted now. That’s it!
There you have it guys! Deleting Google search history may vary on mobile and on desktop or Mac, the process of deleting Google history is the same. Hope this article will assist you best and you won’t ask to anyone again how to delete Google search history!