Deleting an eBay account isn’t simple to process, it included to complete a lot of information that you need to close it out, and once you complete it; it can take up to 30 days, or more, to fully close out your account-assuming it’s in good standing and there are no outstanding balances or pending transactions.
In this article, we will teach you how to delete your eBay account with a complete step-by-step. Follow the below-mentioned steps:
How to Delete eBay Account
1. Before you begin the account closing progress, make sure everything is in order:
- Make sure no outstanding balances with buyers, sellers, or the site itself. All fees must be paid, and your balance must be zero you can close your account.
- Make sure you have cleared any unresolved suspensions or restrictions (if any).
- You cannot be actively bidding on any items. If you are, either cancel those bids or wait for the auction to end before deleting your eBay account.
If you check all of those boxes, you’re ready to delete your eBay account. Here are the steps to follow:
2. Visit eBay.com on your Laptop or Mac and log into your account, if you are not already logged in. Fly your cursor over your name in the upper-left corner of the screen and click “Account Settings.” If necessary, click the “Account” tab, and then under “Account preference” select “Close Account.”
4. Scroll to the bottom of the article and tap the blue “Close account and delete my data” button.
5. You need to select for leaving from the drop-down menu to close your account. Select a more specific reason from the options given and then click “Continue.”
6. Next, confirm that you want to close your account by choosing “No, please close my account” from the drop-down menu and then tapping ‘Continue” again.
7. Tick the box next to “I read and understand the above information” and click “Continue.” Make sure before clicking the checkbox, it confirms that you fill in the above information correctly and very well known about results.
The site will warn you multiple times during the process, closing your account means that you won’t have access to your sales history or be able to sell items, use your email address associated with that account on eBay, or reopen your account once it’s been closed.
How to delete eBay Account When Suspended
As we already mentioned that you cannot close your eBay account until it you clear all you’re pending tasks on eBay. If want to delete your eBay account but your account has been suspended due to any reason. Here’s what you need to do to delete your eBay account when suspended.
Find the reason due to which your eBay account has been suspended and reinstate your account. You can make a request to customer support to reinstate your account and follow the procedure. Make sure to mention your issue code.
If you couldn’t find the reason due to which your account has been suspended, you need to connect with seller support of eBay. You can talk to them via Live Chat or visit the official site https://www.ebay.com/ and select “Help & Contact.”
Why can’t I close my eBay account?
If you’re trying to delete your eBay account but not able to close your account, there can be any reason due to which eBay will not let you close your account. Let’s check some reason due to which you cannot close your eBay account.
There are some circumstances under which eBay won’t allow you to fully close your account, if your account is below eBay’s minimum standards, you cannot close it until it meets those standards. Here http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/seller-non-performance.html#what you can check your performances and fill up your minimum standard.
The second case can be;
- You owe no fees or if any, make sure you have cleared it before deletion of your account.
- Your account balance must is at Zero
- You have no bids still in play.
Note: Before closing your account, make sure you have cleared these tasks. Consider the above instructions as well.
How to Avoid eBay Fees
eBay will not pay for you. You have to incur the minimum insertion fees when you’re selling on eBay. However, nothing is impossible. You cannot avoid the fees while selling but you can reduce fees in some aspect only which also help you so much. In case you really want to avoid eBay fees; close your eBay account. You can close your eBay account to avoid fees if you’re not willing to use your eBay account anymore. If you want to reduce your eBay fees; you can try one of the options below.
- Understand what fees you’re currently forking over
- Now, make the fee system work for you
- List smart
- Consider opening an eBay store
- Pay close attention to your packaging
- Take advantage of eBay’s fine print offerings
- Hop on board Fixed Pricing!
- Vacation Mode!
Can I close my eBay account if I owe money?
If you are wondering to know “can I close my eBay account if I owe money”; so we’ll tell you that you cannot close your eBay account until there is any pending amount or transaction in your account. eBay cannot close your account and/or delete associated data if. Your account has an outstanding balance. You have pending transactions (i.e. open bids, pending payments, and outstanding payouts to be processed to your bank account or pending status if you’re a managed payment seller.)
How to Stop Selling on eBay
You don’t need to delete your account if you want to stop selling on eBay. If you want to know “how to stop selling on eBay” there are some ways you can try to stop selling.
- You can delete your eBay account. If you want to, go above and find “how to delete eBay account” in this article and follow the instructions.
- Close your eBay account. Make sure to end the listing first.
- You don’t have to close your account to stop selling; simply remove your automatic payment method and cancel your selling tool subscriptions.
eBay Deleted My Account
eBay doesn’t delete accounts after a year of inactivity. It may only close my eBay, if you are active on your account for more than a year, not selling or buying anything, not able to connect with your number, the mail is not valid. You can attempt to sign in to your old account with the email address you used to create the account, and click on “forgot password.”
How to Close eBay Seller Account
Remember, if you close your eBay account, you’ll no longer be able to see on the site or access my eBay. You’ll also lose your feedback, as well as your purchase and sales history.
If you still want to close your account, you can follow the above guide in this article to close your account.
Note: If you have any suspensions or restrictions active on your account, or if your account doesn’t currently meet eBay minimum Seller Performance Standards, you’ll need to contact eBay Customer Service in order to close your account.
What to do if your account was hacked?
If you think that your account has been hacked or whenever there is suspicious activity related to your account. It’s important to act quickly. If you think your account is compromised, first check whether anyone with access to your account made changes to it or used it to buy or sell.
If your account has been taken over or compromised, the first step is to try to sign in to your account.
If you can still sign in, you should take the following steps:
- Change your password immediately
- Change your secret questions.
- Verify your contact information and payment details. Check your contact information, your shipping addresses, and your payment information. If anything changed by the person who hacked your account, change it back quickly.
- Check your active bids and listings in “My eBay” to make sure that they’re yours. You can also seek help by choosing the contact us option for help removing unauthorized bids or listings.
If you cannot sign into your account, visit ebay.com and connect with customer support or tap on “Contact Us”. On the official site, you can find this option at the bottom in the section that says “Need more help”?