Gmail has lots of filters that allow you to find the particular data or doing something with that particular data such as here, we want to delete all emails in Gmail. Let’s say you have a bulk of emails on one Gmail id and you need to find one message but you forgot the sender’s Gmail id. In this case, you can use Gmail filter and set Gmail to show you all unread message or if you guess the date so you can also filter the Gmail on data like, select “show today emails only” “show yesterday emails only” you can even select the last week emails. With all these, you can easily find Gmail. But here, we are not to talk about the Gmail filter, but yes this filter will surely help you to delete all your emails in one click in Gmail. Here’s what you need to do:
How to Delete Emails in Gmail
1. Open the email inbox on your Gmail on your computer or PC and you can see the square box which adds a filter to the emails. You can find this option just below the search bar, it looks like a “Square Check Box”.
2. You can simply click on the Check box and your all mails will be selected.
Note: This will only delete all your inbox emails. If you want to delete the other folder emails so you have to perform this method in the particular folder where all your messages saved.
3. You can also click on the drop-down menu which opens some of the filters for you. Which is;
- All: You can select “All”, it means all your inbox emails will be selected.
- None: If you select “None” it will not any select any message or if you already select the message, it will cancel the task and unselect all your mails.
- Read: This filter will select all the emails that you have already read.
- Unread: This will select all your unread emails (that are still pending to read from your end).
- Starred: If you add any emails in the starred box so that emails will be select.
- Unstarred: When you choose this filter, it will select all emails which are not added in starred messages.
Once you select “All” all inbox emails will be selected and you can see the trash icon right in the line of other options (see image). Simply click on it.
Note: Make sure before you delete the Gmail because sometimes it asks you to confirm that you really want to delete the Gmail or not, and sometimes it may not ask you. It just deletes your emails as soon as you hit the trash icon.
Note: What if you want to undo this whole process. Don’t worry, you can undo this process. As soon as you delete the emails, you will see the automatically undo option at the bottom of your Gmail, simply click on it. And whatever task you have performed, it will undo immediately.
How to Delete Emails in Gmail using Android App
You can also delete emails on Gmail on your mobile, but if we talk about deleting all the emails on your phone, so you cannot delete all emails in Gmail using a mobile device or Gmail App. You have to visit Gmail on your browser as we mentioned above. However, we will guide you on how you can delete multiple emails in Gmail using the android app. Read on:
1. Open the Gmail app on your mobile. Open the folder that contains the emails you want to remove in Gmail.
Note: In order to choose multiple email messages, you must display all the emails in a folder.
2. Click the icon to the left of an email you want to delete in Gmail. Or, press and hold the message to select it.
3. Select the icon next to any other emails you want to remove from Gmail. Click the “Delete” icon and selected messages will be deleted.