Your PowerPoint presentation decides what’s your best is. A clean and creative presentation is a must for the best move in your office. There might be many glitches in your presentation, but here we will going to a pretty common that every person faces, who is making presentations on daily basis. A slide in PowerPoint, I know it irritates you every time when you are making your presentation. However, it’s pretty common to have to delete a slide in PowerPoint. Maybe your presentation is going on a bit too long and you need to cut content. Or maybe you were keeping a slide for notes that you don’t want to appear in your presentation.
Whatever the reason, thankfully, PowerPoint makes it very easy to delete slides, no matter what version of it you have. Here, we will learn how to delete a slide in PowerPoint on your Mac or PC.
How to Delete Slide in PowerPoint on Mac or PC
1. Open your PowerPoint presentation on your PC or Mac and right-click (or hold Controls as you click) any slide you want to delete in the left sidebar.
2. From the drop-down list that appears, choose “Delete” or “Delete Slide.” Even better, PowerPoint will allow you to delete multiple slides at once if you have to delete a whole section or trim a few extras here and there.
3. If you want to delete a section of slides that are right next to each other, just hold shift and choose the first and last slides in the section. This will select those slides, as well as every slide between them. Once you’ve selected them, just delete them the same way you did above.
4. If you want to delete multiple slides that aren’t next to each other, you’ll need to hold down the Ctrl or Command key simultaneously and tap on each slide you want to delete. Once selected, right-click any of them and select the “Delete” option.
How to Delete Slide in PowerPoint Mobile
If you want to delete slides in PowerPoint mobile, make sure you follow the below steps carefully.
1. To delete slides in PowerPoint mobile, in the thumbnail pane at the bottom or left side of the screen, tap and hold the thumbnail image of the slide you want to delete.
2. On the pop-up menu that appears, tap Delete. You can also use that pop-menu to Cut, Copy, Paste, Hide, or Share a picture of a slide.
3. If you want to move a slide, tap and hold in the thumbnail pane, then drag in the direction you want to go. Release the slide when it’s in the position you want.
How to Delete Slides in PowerPoint on iPhone
To delete slides in PowerPoint on your iPhone, you need to open the presentation on your iPhone first. Now, in the thumbnail pane at the bottom or left side of the screen, tap the thumbnail image of the slide you want to delete.
Now, a pop-up menu appears. If you are not able to see “Delete,” use the right arrow on the menu to scroll rightward. Then hit Delete.
You can also use that pop-up menu to cut, copy, duplicate, hide, or share a picture of a slide. If you want to move a slide, tap and hold in the thumbnail pane, then drag in the direction you want to go. Release the slide when it’s in the position you want.
How to Delete a Slide in Google Slide
To delete a slide in Google Slide on your PC or Mac, you just need to press right-click on it. Once you right-click, a menu will appear, and on it an option to delete it. It’s as simple as clicking on it to remove the slide in question.
1. Now, you need to click on one of the slides on the left-hand side-the one you want to delete. Then, press the Delete Key on your keyboard.
Note: You need to be very careful when you select the right slide because whichever one you have selected at the time will be deleted.
2. If you want to use your ribbon menu to delete an individual slide, click on the Edit option and then on Delete. The slide you have selected will be deleted.
How to Add a Slide in PowerPoint
Once you delete your slide, you may want to add a new slide in PowerPoint. Here’s you can learn how to add a slide in PowerPoint.
1.First of all, create a new presentation or open an existing presentation in Google Slides. In the slides preview pane on the left, click the slide where you want to insert a new slide. The new slide is inserted after, or below, the selected slide.
2. Under the menu bar, click the + button to insert a new slide with the same layout as the selected slide. Alternatively, you can right-click on the slide and choose New Slide in the pop-up menu.
3. To insert a slide with a different layout, click the down arrow next to the + button and choose the slide layout.
Delete Slide PowerPoint Shortcut
If you want to delete all slides in PowerPoint with shortcut, select all the slide you want to delete and click Delete.
For a single slide: Right-click the slide in the thumbnail pane on the left, and select Delete Slide.
For multiple slides: Press and hold Ctrl, and in the thumbnail pane on the left, select the slides. Release the Ctrl key. Then right-click the selection and choose Delete Slide.